Goal 2a: SoE community members will engage in diverse, inclusive, and equitable conversations that make visible our commitments to DEI.
Goal 2b: All forms of communication within the SoE will explicitly demonstrate and reflect our strong commitment to DEI.
- Develop a set of statements related to DEI, which faculty and school leaders can draw upon for different purposes.
- Conduct an audit of existing marketing materials to determine the extent to which the included implicit and explicit messages align with and/or preclude current and emergent DEI goals.
- Organize and facilitate TeachEducateAct (TEA) Talks to create ongoing opportunities for faculty, staff, and students to engage in courageous and risk-taking conversations about DEI.
- Consistently communicate a commitment to DEI by acknowledging and responding to world and local events that specifically impact and/or target people of color and those from historically underrepresented groups.
- SoE community members engage often in conversations that challenge their privileges.
- Broadly disseminate SoE faculty research, teaching, and service that relates to DEI.
- Visually communicate the SoE’s commitment to representing diverse perspectives, histories, and identities by, for example, posting signage throughout the building that reflect this commitment.
- Online communications, including social media (e.g., Twitter), reflect the SoE’s commitment to representing diverse perspectives, histories, and identities.
- Assure that the SoE website foregrounds our commitment to DEI.
- Use the digital screens to promote DEI and broaden representation.
- Widely advertise events related to DEI.
- Maintain a common calendar to coordinate and promote DEI related events.