Create Your Vision
Career exploration is a lifelong process. No matter where you are now, you should always be thinking about future opportunities and possibilities. A successful career requires knowledge of yourself, awareness of realistic possibilities, and then planning the steps needed to reach your goal.
Considering a future in education?
- The Career Development Center (CDC) is a good place to start learning about careers in education. Take advantage of the CDC’s drop-in advising service to talk to a career advisor. They may recommend taking the Strong Interest Inventory assessment, which can help confirm your career interests. Check out the Education Career Guide, which will walk you through opportunities in education.
- The Professional Distinction series is designed to help you become the best first-year teacher with a focus on building up your teaching identity and providing strategies to manage the demands of being a teacher. It also shows future employers and principals that you're ready for the next step in starting your career.
- Attend one of our workshops to gain insight into current trends in the field of education and career opportunities across the United States.
- Exploremajors.indiana.edu is a great resource for connecting your interests to available majors at IU. It includes helpful summaries of majors and minors.
- Learn about teaching careers at O*NET Online.