- All nominees must be graduates of the Indiana University School of Education in Bloomington.
- Nominee must be present at the award ceremony.
- Current faculty and staff of Indiana University are not eligible to receive this award.
- Self-nominations and posthumous nominations are not accepted.
- Nominators should be prepared to submit the following information:
- Names and contact information of both nominator and nominee.
- Statement of nomination of 150 words or less that explains why the nominator feels the person is a qualified candidate.
- Current curriculum vita or resume of nominee.
- Three letters of recommendation, including contact information for each recommender.
- Any documentation further supporting nominee’s accomplishments and qualifications for the award (other letters of support, announcement of other recognitions, news articles, etc.)
Nominations are reviewed annually during the spring semester and honorees are selected by a committee convened by the IU School of Education Alumni Board of Directors. Award nominations are accepted throughout the year. The award is presented by the Dean during the fall School of Education Distinguished Alumni Award dinner. To submit a nomination, please complete each section of the form below. The nominator must provide all materials pertinent to the nomination. The selection committee will not conduct further research on behalf of any nominee.
Nominations will be accepted through March 31.