Career Connections, a vital part of the School of Education, assists students and alumni with one of the more important phases of their professional career: the job search process. The Career Connections office offers many workshops and related courses to help you prepare for your job search and develop skills that will help you stand out to employers.
Workshops and Training
The IU School of Education maintains an excellent network of teacher and administrator alums and partners. Guests frequently visit campus to share their knowledge and insights into professional development topics and trends in education (not to mention their interest in meeting talented young teachers).
- Wednesday, February 12 at 7pm (ED 2140)
The Grand Challenge: Referral Treatment
- Tuesday, February 18 at 5pm (ED 2140)
Ask The Experts (Panel of SoE Alumni)
- Wednesday, February 26 at 5pm (ED 2140)
Grading and Assessment
- Monday, March 9 at 5pm (ED 2140)
Working with Parents
- Monday, March 30 at 5pm (ED 2140)
Bleed Out Training
- Tuesday, April 21 at 4pm (ED 2140)
Interview Day Preparation Drop In Help
- Tuesday, April 28 all day (IMU)
School of Education's annual Interview Day
The Grand Challenge: Supporting Children of Parents Living with Substance Use Disorders
CPR/AED certification is required for teacher licensing in Indiana. Upon successful completion of the 3-hour workshop, attendees will receive Red Cross CPR/AED certification that is good for two years.
The cost is $80.
All sessions will be held 9am - noon:
- Saturday, January 18 (Room 2140)
- Saturday, February 22 (Room 1225)
- Saturday, March 28 (Room 1225)
- Saturday, April 18 (Room 2140)
Registration Required: Email Greg May at email@example.com with your name, phone number, e-mail address, and date/session that you would like to attend.
Suicide Prevention Training certification is required to be licensed to teach in Indiana. Upon successful completion of this 2-hour training, attendees will receive a certificate.
Sessions are FREE.
- Monday, January 27 - 9:30am-11:30am (ED 2140)
- Tuesday, February 11 - 4pm-6pm (ED 2140)
- Thursday, March 5 - 4pm-6pm (ED 2140)
- Thursday, April 23 - 9am-11am (ED 2140)
Registration Required: Register for upcoming sessions in Career Connections Online.
This is an 8 week, 1 credit hour course that is designed to help juniors and seniors transition from student to professional teacher (but may also be taken while student teaching).
This course features school administrators as guest speakers, and is recommended to be taken the semester before student teaching.
For more information please email Andy Bosk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who have completed M202 receive priority status for Interview Day scheduling.
- Learn effective tips for creating, proofing and enhancing your teaching resume.
- Create a first draft or polish your existing resume with the help of Career Connections staff.
- Ask specific questions about your resume.
Workshops are not currently offered this semester. For all resume questions, please make an appointment with our staff.
- Find out what NOT to say in an interview.
- Ask current and former administrators what they look for in a teacher candidate.
- Learn great answers to tough questions.
- Get tips about preparing for upcoming job interviews.
Workshops this semester:Workshops are not currently offered this semester. For all interviewing questions or to schedule a mock interivew, please make an appointment with our staff.
Additional workshops are being planned, so check back frequently to get more information. If you have ideas for workshops you’d like to see offered, please e-mail email@example.com.