Career Connections, a vital part of the School of Education, assists students and alumni with one of the more important phases of their professional career: the job search process. The Career Connections office offers many workshops and related courses to help you prepare for your job search and develop skills that will help you stand out to employers.
Workshops and Training
The IU School of Education maintains an excellent network of teacher and administrator alums and partners. Guests frequently visit campus to share their knowledge and insights into professional development topics and trends in education (not to mention their interest in meeting talented young teachers).
- Tuesday, September 22 at 7pm (Online)
The UN Sustainable Development Goals: A Framework for Bridging the Global and the Local in the K-12 Classroom
- Wednesday, September 23 at 7pm (Online)
The Grand Challenge: Naloxone Training
- Wednesday, October 7 at 7pm (Online)
The Grand Challenge: Supporting Children of Parents Living with Substance Use Disorders
- Tuesday, October 13 at 6:30pm (Online)
Building Self-Efficacy in Supporting Student Mental Health for New Teachers
- Thursday, October 22 at 4pm (Online)
School Safety: The Power of Connection
- TBD TBD (Online)
Teaching Online During a Pandemic
CPR/AED certification is required for teacher licensing in Indiana. Upon successful completion of the 3-hour workshop, attendees will receive Red Cross CPR/AED certification that is good for two years. To register for any of the sessions below, contact Greg May at email@example.com.
The cost is $80.
- September 12th 9am-12pm SoE room 1225
- October 10th 9am-12pm SoE room 1225
- November 14th 9am-12pm SoE room 1225
Suicide Prevention Training certification is required to be licensed to teach in Indiana. Upon successful completion of this 2-hour training, attendees will receive a certificate.
Sessions are FREE.
- Monday 9/14 5pm-7pm SoE room 2140
- Tuesday 10/13 11am-1pm SoE room 2277
- Wednesday 11/11 5pm-7pm SoE room 2277
Registration Required: Register for upcoming sessions in Handshake.
This is an 8 week, 1 credit hour course that is designed to help juniors and seniors transition from student to professional teacher (but may also be taken while student teaching).
This course features school administrators as guest speakers, and is recommended to be taken the semester before student teaching.
For more information please email Andy Bosk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who have completed M202 receive priority status for Interview Day scheduling.
- Learn effective tips for creating, proofing and enhancing your teaching resume.
- Create a first draft or polish your existing resume with the help of Career Connections staff.
- Ask specific questions about your resume.
Workshops are not currently offered this semester. For all resume questions, please make an appointment with our staff.
- Find out what NOT to say in an interview.
- Ask current and former administrators what they look for in a teacher candidate.
- Learn great answers to tough questions.
- Get tips about preparing for upcoming job interviews.
Workshops this semester:Workshops are not currently offered this semester. For all interviewing questions or to schedule a mock interivew, please make an appointment with our staff.
Additional workshops are being planned, so check back frequently to get more information. If you have ideas for workshops you’d like to see offered, please e-mail email@example.com.