Students participating in field experiences and student teaching are required to provide a background check to their placement school that is updated every 12 months*.
For all field experiences and most student teaching placements, students will need to order their checks through CastleBranch.
- Visit https://portal.castlebranch.com/NI57.
- Click on the red PLACE ORDER button.
- Click on the Please Select button and select NI57full: Background Check - Indiana Standard Child Protection Index.
- Read over the Package Review and check the box stating you have read order instructions; then click Continue.
- Check the box next to I have read, understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use; then click Continue.
- From here, all spots with a red * must be filled out.
Note: if you are not a US citizen and therefore do not have Social Security Number, please enter 111-11-1111.
- Please direct all questions to the Office of Clinical Experiences at 812-856-8503 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*Some school corporations (e.g., Caramel Clay) require an additional check from their vendor, which will result in the need to purchase an additional check for placements in those districts. Some schools, including Indianapolis Public Schools, require background checks be completed once every six months.