Students are responsible for the completion of all program-specific requirements to receive the degree. Requirements are published in the School of Education Graduate Bulletin found in the Graduate Portal.
Plan of Studies (ePOS)
All students must have a current Plan of Studies (ePOS) approved by their ONE FACULTY advisor and the Office of Graduate Studies. Please review your approved ePOS being sure to click View and not Edit.
- If only the semester or year you took the course has changed, the Recorders can update this information and you do not need to update and resubmit the ePOS.
- If the courses listed on your approved ePOS have changed, you will need to Edit your approved ePOS and resubmit for new approvals.
- If you have not submitted an ePOS, submit the document at the link above as soon as possible or it may delay your graduation.
Thesis (optional, but not offered for every M.S.Ed.)
Students who pursue the thesis option should consult their advisor and the M.S.Ed. Thesis Guide early in the program. The M.S.Ed. Thesis Guide can be found in the Graduate Portal.
Application for Graduation
- An Application for Graduation must be submitted electronically through GEMS 30 days prior to the degree conferral date (See Commencement section for more information).
- To apply, visit https://info.educ.indiana.edu/GEMS/frm/SR/SRGraduation. Click on the Graduation tab, then the Apply to Graduate link. Master's degrees are awarded monthly.
- Two ceremonies are held each year – May and December. Students graduating in January – August walk in May and students graduating September – December, walk in December. If you would like your name to appear in the Commencement Program, you must submit your graduation application:
- May Commencement: before February 15th of the year you want to graduate
- December Commencement: before September 15th of the year you want to graduate
- Commencement information including graduation apparel and announcements can be found here.
The School of Education holds a Convocation ceremony in May and December. You and your family can attend this smaller, more personal event. Information with the date, time, and location can be found here.
If you have questions, use the links above or contact the Recorders at email@example.com.