Goal 3a: SoE community will develop new and revise existing policies to ensure that the SoE’s goals and commitments related to DEI are consistently institutionalized and sustained, particularly policies related to promotion, tenure, and mentoring.
Goal 3b: SoE community members will adopt uniform decision-making protocols that consider DEI concerns in policy development.
- Conduct a policy audit of all existing policies to determine the extent to which a given policy aligns with and/or precludes current and/or emergent DEI goals. Possibly build this process into the revision of the School’s constitution, which will occur over the next year or two.
- Develop policies in the following targeted areas:
- Policies establishing a schoolwide accountability framework for DEI initiatives;
- Policies related to the establishment of an Office of DEI, particularly those delineating the responsibilities of an Associate Dean of DEI;
- Policies establishing schoolwide investment targets, specifically the recruitment of faculty from of color and those from underrepresented groups; and
- Policies concerning the expedited development of DEI courses and initiatives.
- Assure that mentoring policies and practices are intentionally related to DEI.
- Utilize common decision making frameworks that promote DEI as a strategic focus.
- Consistently review policies and practice to assure they align with DEI goals.
- Implement policies and practices in a transparent manner.
- Engage in regular reviews of DEI related policies to determine their effectiveness.