Goal 3a: SoE community will develop new and revise existing policies to ensure that the SoE’s goals and commitments related to DEI commitment are consistently institutionalized and sustained.
Goal 3b: SoE community members will adopt uniform decision-making protocols that consider DEI concerns in policy development.
- Conduct a policy audit of all existing policies to determine the extent to which a given policy aligns with and/or precludes current and/or emergent DEI goals. Possibly build this process into the revision of the School’s constitution, which will occur over the next year or two.
- Develop policies in the following targeted areas:
- Policies establishing a schoolwide accountability framework for DEI initiatives;
- Policies related to the establishment of an Office of DEI, particularly those delineating the responsibilities of an Associate Dean of DEI;
- Policies establishing schoolwide investment targets, specifically the recruitment of faculty from of color and those from underrepresented groups; and
- Policies concerning the expedited development of DEI courses and initiatives.
- Assure that mentoring policies and practices are intentionally related to DEI.
- Utilize common decision making frameworks that promote DEI as a strategic focus.
- Consistently review policies and practice to assure they align with DEI goals.
- Implement policies and practices in a transparent manner.
- Engage in regular reviews of DEI related policies to determine their effectiveness.