This 24 credit-hour program is entirely online and prepares you for K-12 building-level leadership positions, including principal or assistant principal. Coursework may be taken only for licensure or as part of the 36 credit-hour Master of Science in Educational Leadership.
To earn this license, candidates must:
- Have two years of experience as a licensed teacher or licensed counselor
- Hold a proficient or accomplished practitioner license, or a valid equivalent out-of-state license
- Hold a master’s degree
- Complete the 24-credit hour program, including the A695 practicum course (at least 18 credits must be earned through IU Bloomington)
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 in all licensure course work (i.e., A624, A510, A608, A635, A629, A515, and A695).
- Achieve a qualifying score on the state licensure test