Improve teaching and learning in your organization.
This 12-credit hour graduate certificate prepares you to design continuous improvement processes in your school or district. Educators who embrace improvement science use Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycles to test ideas that respond to persistent challenges. Improvement science moves educators beyond the traditional pilot program toward a disciplined approach that helps new practices spread faster, with greater fidelity, and reduced variation.
When you complete this certificate you will:
- Understand how to identify a problem of practice
- Be able to conduct a root cause analysis
- Know how to design an effective Plan-Do-Study-Act Cycle
- Understand data collection, analysis, and interpretation
- Recognize practice-based performance measures
- Learn how to engage stakeholders about promising new practices