- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- Academic Programs:
- Educational Leadership; History, Philosophy, and Policy in Education
- Degree/Certificate Programs:
- M.S.Ed. in Educational Leadership (Online); Ed.D. in Educational Leadership; Ed.S. in Educational Leadership; Principal Licensure (Online); Ph.D. in History, Philosophy, and Policy in Education – Specialization in Education Policy Studies; Superintendent Licensure
- Research Areas:
- Educational leadership, school and district improvement, school finance, education policy, research methods
- ED 4232
- (812) 856-8235
I am currently an Associate Professor of Educational Leadership in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies. I received my Ph.D. from the University of Washington (Seattle) in 2010 with a specialization in leadership, policy, and organizations.
My research focuses on issues related to K-12 educational leadership and policy. In particular, I examine how leaders develop capacity to implement changes in teaching and learning in light of increasing expectations for school and district performance. Thus, my research considers the politics of human and fiscal resource investment in school systems; strategies to develop to human capital in schools, such as coaching and professional learning; and continuous improvement processes, including Networked Improvement Science.
I currently serve as the Coordinator for both the Educational Leadership Program and the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership.