Degrees & Programs
Martha McCarthy Education Law and Policy Institute
Tentative Agenda - June 9, 2016
9:30-10:45 am: New Hot Topics and Cases in 2015-2016 (Wilkie Auditorium)
John Borkowski, Charles Russo, Teresa James, Seamus Boyce
Facilitator: Janet Decker
11:00-12:15 pm: Harassment/Bullying/Ethics (Wilkie Auditorium)
Martha McCarthy, Stephen Harper, Lisa Tanselle
Facilitator: Suzanne Eckes
1:45-3:00 pm: Keynote Address – Abuse, Trauma and Ethics (Location Wilkie Auditorium)
3:15-4:30 pm: Panel on the Fourth Amendment, Student/Employee Privacy and Technology and Ethics (Wilkie Auditorium)
*Fred Cate, Judy DeMuth, Tom Bunger
Facilitator: Justin Bathon
4:45-5:30 pm: Round Table Discussions on Pressing Education Law Issues
- John Borkowski, J.D., Private practice in Illinois law firm (Husch Blackwell).
- Seamus Boyce, J.D., Private practice in Indiana law firm (Church, Church, Hittle & Antrim).
- Tom Bunger, J.D., Private practice in Indiana law firm (Bunger & Robertson).
- Janet Decker, J.D., Ph.D. Assistant professor at Indiana University who teaches school law and ethics courses.
- Suzanne Eckes, J.D., Ph.D., Professor at Indiana University who teaches school law and ethics courses.
- Dave Emmert, J.D., Attorney formerly with Indiana School Boards Association and now in private practice in Indiana law firm (Church, Church, Hittle & Antrim).
- Michael Gregory, J.D., Clinical Professor of Law, Education Law Clinic, Harvard Law School, Senior Attorney, Trauma and Learning Policy Initiative of Massachusetts Advocates for Children and Harvard Law School
- Stephen Harper, J.D., General Counsel's Office, Indiana University
- Teresa James, A.B.D., School administrator in Indianapolis Public Schools
- Martha McCarthy, Ph.D., Presidential professor at Loyola Marymount who teaches school law and ethics.
- Charles Russo, J.D., Ed.D., Professor at the University of Dayton who teaches school law and ethics.
- Lisa Tanselle, J.D., Attorney with Indiana School Boards Association
Please see the Educational Leadership web page for conference information. Updates will be posted in November 2015.