Whether you want to be a language or literacy teacher in-school or out-of-school settings or a writer and editor of instructional materials, you’ll gain a more nuanced understanding about the deep integration of literacy, culture, and language across learning contexts.
M.S.Ed. in Literacy, Culture, and Language Education (Residential or Online)
- Application Deadline
- Admissions Requirements
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Graduate Studies Office will accept unofficial transcripts and self-reported test scores for admission reviews. Any admission made with these documents would be conditioned on receipt of official documents, which should be provided as soon as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 out of 4.00
- Completed online application that includes:
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE scores required from all international applicants and any domestic applicant with a cumulative undergraduate GPA under 3.00
- Resume (international students only)
- Minimum 79 TOEFL score or minimum 6.5 IELTS score (international students only)
- Degree Requirements
- Learn about the variety of fellowships and assistantships that are available to graduate students.
- Visit Student Central for information about financial assistance.
- Consult your employer about the availability of tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance programs.
- Active duty military, veterans, and military families should visit the Center for Veteran and Military Students to take full advantage of available financial assistance and educational benefits.
Through this program, you’ll learn how to assess student performance and apply research knowledge to classroom experiences. And with the option to complete the program on campus or online, you’ll have more control over your schedule.
Our graduates include public and private school teachers and administrators, curriculum developers, community educators, and members of a diplomatic corps, among other careers.
This 36-credit hour program includes a thesis option for students who plan to pursue additional graduate study in the field.