This online graduate certificate gives you the cutting-edge expertise you need, with maximum flexibility.
Have you ever wondered:
- Which practices foster diverse readers’ engagement with, and interpretation of literature?
- How to select books that represent social, cultural and linguistic diversity?
- How books can ethically address issues of justice and facilitate socially conscious learning communities?
- How literary experiences can close the gap between readers’ cultural backgrounds, communities and schools?
Expand your knowledge of literacy, diversity, equity, and inclusion by earning a Graduate Certificate in Children’s and Young Adult Literature. As a graduate student at IU, this 12-credit hour online program will allow you to explore multicultural and international perspectives on literature, as well as research-based practices for enhancing literacy and language-building skills among diverse learners.
- Learn from caring professors who are world-renowned experts in children’s and YA literature, language and literacy development.
- Learn to identify and assess methods used in children’s/YA literature research, including critical content analysis, literary analysis, discourse analysis, and other methods.
- Explore perspectives and pedagogical practices that foster diversity, equity and inclusion with children’s/YA literature.
- Apply certificate courses to master’s, doctoral, or other graduate degree programs.