Department Mission Statement
It is the mission of ETS to ensure that the use of technology enhances the effective operations of the School of Education. We will partner with faculty, students, and staff, both within, as well as, outside the School to make technology integrate seamlessly with the teaching, research, and support operations of the School.
Education Technology Services exists to understand the business of our stakeholders and how technology can help accomplish their goals.
- To provide consistent, best-in-class support, by managing, resolving, and preventing problems efficiently; communicating effectively; and exceeding stakeholder expectations.
- To be our stakeholders' advocate and single point of contact for all technology support issues in the face of rapidly changing technology.
- To strive for continuous improvement by measuring our performance against our stakeholders' expectations and industry standards.
- To empower and educate our stakeholders with self-service tools and solutions.
- To take ownership of our stakeholders' problems until resolved to their satisfaction.
- To establish and maintain positive, long-term relationships with our stakeholders through open communication and continuous feedback.
- To provide high-level customer service and technical expertise.
- To respond rapidly and positively to all stakeholder inquiries.
- Objective 1 - Provide simple, universal access to information and services for all faculty, staff, and students.
- Objective 2 - Research and provide more advanced web tools for the School of Education to enhance its web presence in a way that will reach and attract more potential students and meet our community's changing needs.
- Objective 3 - Improve the online communications ability for individuals and groups associated with the School of Education.
- Objective 4 - Expand and enhance technology support tools to meet the School of Education's current needs and expectations.
- Objective 5 - Obtain feedback from users on satisfaction levels of current services, as well as, new services and implement changes accordingly.
- Objective 6 - Maintain current technology hardware, software and network infrastructure so that it is reliably available.
- Objective 7 - Enhance security awareness throughout the School of Education.