- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- Academic Programs:
- Educational Leadership; History, Philosophy, and Policy in Education
- Degree/Certificate Programs:
- M.S.Ed. in Educational Leadership (Online); Ed.D. in Educational Leadership; Ed.S. in Educational Leadership; Principal Licensure (Online); Ph.D. in History, Philosophy, and Policy in Education – Specialization in Education Policy Studies; Superintendent Licensure
- Research Areas:
- Leadership preparation; principal's role in teacher development and career trajectories; education policy
- ED 4222
- (812) 856-8254
I am an Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies. I earned my undergraduate degree in English from Indiana University (’04) and my Ph.D. in Administration and Supervision from the University of Virginia (’17). Prior to entering academia, I taught and worked as a teacher leader in public, private, and charter school settings in the United States and abroad, most recently in Philadelphia.
My primary research interests include principal preparation, education policy, and the principal’s role in teacher career trajectories, including teacher recruitment, fit, growth, and retention. My most recent research on these topics has been published in Educational Administration Quarterly, Elementary School Journal, Journal of Educational Administration, and Leadership and Policy in Schools.