Undergraduate Minor in Higher Education and Student Affairs
This 15-credit hour minor is designed for those interested in exploring the role of student affairs in higher education. Our program emphasizes the essential knowledge, intellectual competencies, and practical skills necessary to work within a higher education setting.
Within the minor program, you will:
- Explore the organization and policy that guides higher education and the history and evolution of student affairs.
- Examine the changing identities, demographics, values, and experiences of college students.
- Investigate current trends in higher education and their implications for today's college student.
- Complete a supervised practicum where you apply your learning and gain experience in the field of student affairs.
This program will help prepare you for such careers as:
- Student affairs specialist
- Admissions specialist
- Financial aid specialist
- Records services specialist
- College career advisor
- Student coordinator
- Academic advisor
- Student life counselor
- Residential life coordinator
- Enrollment specialist
Add this minor
If you are interested in this minor, please talk to your academic advisor.
If you have any questions about the program, we'd love to hear from you at email@example.com.