Examine how teachers, classroom environments, and schools can enhance or diminish student motivation and performance. You will gain insight into cognitive and emotional changes in children, adolescents, and adults and develop a solid foundation in the theoretical frameworks that guide different styles of teaching.
M.S.Ed in Learning and Developmental Sciences
Learning Sciences Track
- Application Deadline
- Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 out of 4.00
- Completed online application that includes:
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE scores
- Resume (international students only)
- TOEFL score (minimum 79) or IELTS score (minimum 6.5) – international students only
- Degree Requirements
- Learn about the variety of fellowships and assistantships that are available to graduate students.
- Visit Student Central for information about financial assistance.
- Consult your employer about the availability of tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance programs.
- Active duty military, veterans, and military families should visit the Center for Veteran and Military Students to take full advantage of available financial assistance and educational benefits.
This 36-credit hour program teams you with nationally known researchers exploring motivation, learning, social development of children, aggression and bullying in schools, and family influences on child development. It also includes a strong emphasis on statistical analysis, assessment, and inquiry methodology.