The 60-credit post-masters Ed.D. degree includes much of the same coursework as the Ph.D. Individuals pursuing the degree have the option of focusing more on curriculum development than Ph.D. students, although research is still a significant part of the program.
Ed.D in Curriculum and Instruction
Specialization in Mathematics Education
- Application Deadlines
- Admissions Requirements
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Graduate Studies Office will accept unofficial transcripts and self-reported test scores for admission reviews. Any admission made with these documents would be conditioned on receipt of official documents, which should be provided as soon as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 out of 4.00
- Completed online application that includes:
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE scores are not required for applicants with an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited U.S. institution, though some funding opportunities are predicated on competitive GRE scores.
- Resume (international students only)
- Minimum 79 TOEFL score or minimum 6.5 IELTS score (international students only)
- Program Requirements
- Learn about the variety of fellowships and assistantships that are available to graduate students.
- Visit Student Central for information about financial assistance.
- Consult your employer about the availability of tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance programs.
- Active duty military, veterans, and military families should visit the Center for Veteran and Military Students to take full advantage of available financial assistance and educational benefits.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why earn your doctorate at the IU School of Education? Ph.D. or Ed.D.—which is right for you? Get answers to these questions and more.Read the FAQ
No GRE RequiredGRE scores are not required for applicants with an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited U.S. institution, though some funding opportunities are predicated on competitive GRE scores.