- Literacy, Culture, and Language Education; Center for International Education Development and Research
- Academic Program(s):
- Literacy, Culture, and Language Education
- ED 3030
- (812) 856-8274
I am Professor of ESL/EFL Teacher Education in the Department of Literacy, Culture & Language Education (LCLE) in the School of Education, Indiana University. My research focuses on the different types of pedagogical insight that emerges from formal and informal educational experiences of new and experienced second/foreign language teachers. My research sites are in several Indiana public schools as well as in Beijing and Kunming in China. I research also the pedagogy of online second/foreign language teaching.
The courses I teach at the doctoral level, are related to research on language teacher education and professional development. At the masters level, I teach EFL/ESL instruction and assessment approaches, content-based language instruction and teaching English in global contexts. I usually assume a blended load i.e. I teach face-to-face (on- campus), online and/or hybrid classes (combined on-campus and online classes).
- EFL/ESL Teaching Certificate Program (4 courses for new and experienced teachers)
- EFL/ESL Teacher Preparation/Training Certificate Program (4 courses for experienced teachers engaging in the preparation and support of other teachers)
- Faculty Advisor: ESL License Addition (Graduate)