The Specialist in Education (Ed.S.) enables students to develop an educational specialization with emphasis on practice. If you’ve earned a master’s degree and want to continue your studies, the 65-credit hour Specialist in Secondary Education program prepares you for roles as a supervisory instructor, departmental chairperson, or administrator.
Ed.S. in Education
Secondary Education Track
- Application Deadline
- Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 out of 4.00
- Completed online application that includes:
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation.
- GRE scores
- Resume (international students only)
- TOEFL score (minimum 79) or IELTS score (minimum 6.5) – international students only
- Degree Requirements
- Learn about the variety of fellowships and assistantships that are available to graduate students.
- Visit Student Central for information about financial assistance.
- Consult your employer about the availability of tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance programs.
- Active duty military, veterans, and military families should visit the Center for Veteran and Military Students to take full advantage of available financial assistance and educational benefits.
You’ll study theory and curriculum development while working to apply research findings to real-world classroom practices. This flexible program enables you to focus on a specific content area of your choosing, giving you a tailored approach to advancing your education experience.