The purpose of the award is to recognize IU School of Education faculty who have demonstrated a record of outstanding recent research achievements.
The award is limited to IUB School of Education faculty.
Each spring the School of Education Awards are made to honor Faculty work in various areas. The Annual Merit Review Process will provide the basis for identifying candidates for these Awards. In January, a call will be sent to all faculty to nominate individuals or self-nominate for one of these awards. From these nominations/self-nominations, members of the Annual Merit Review Committees (from each department and research centers) will then identify up to 10% of their faculty, based on the award criteria, to be forwarded to the appropriate selection committee by February 15. No past recipient of these awards will be considered eligible for a second award in less than a five-year period.
$1500 will be awarded to be deposited in the awardee’s research or other account to be used for professional purposes.
The Research, Development, and External Partnerships Committee will use the following criteria to review each nominee's materials:
- Quality and quantity of publications in the last calendar year will be considered (articles; books, if including nontraditional publications such as podcasts, please include justification how they showcase your research)
- Grants and leadership role(s) on those grants (active in that calendar year)
- Evidence of significance and impact in the last year (highlight what is most recent over the last year)
- Ongoing work (e.g., work in progress), as part of nominee’s research agenda
Nomination Materials (to be prepared by the nominee)
The nominee should prepare a succinct electronic packet of materials for the Committee reviewers, including:
- Statement focused on significant and impact of research broadly speaking for the last 3 years (no more than a single-spaced one page)
- Summary of research achievement for the past calendar year (no more than a single-spaced one page).
- Full CV, with past calendar year highlights