A new start can be a daunting experience – and college is no exception. As you begin your time at the IU School of Education, there are many ways you can have the best possible start and lay out a foundation for a successful college career:
- Check your schedule a week before classes start – and then check it again the day before just in case there are any last-minute changes.
- Once you’re back on campus, take some time to walk through your schedule and find each building and classroom. This can help you know how long it may take to get from one hall to another.
- After you get your syllabus for each class, mark when midterms and finals will take place and when papers are due to help with long-term planning.
- Get comfortable with Canvas – and be aware that some faculty may only communicate through this tool, rather than through email. Learn the best ways to reach each of your instructors.
- Go to call-out meetings for School of Education student groups. Getting involved early is a great way to build your community at IU. More information about our student groups can be found on our website.
- Check out the undergraduate student portal on our website. You’ll find information on advising, clinical experiences and much more, all in one place.
- Get familiar with the student appointment scheduler on one.iu for when you need to speak to an academic advisor.
- Always know we are here to help. Suite 1000 is your go-to place if you’re in the SOE building and have undergraduate-related questions. You can also contact the Office of Teacher Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start building your School of Education community right away at the SOE Champion Meet and Greet on Thursday, August 19 at 2 p.m. on the north lawn. (Rain location is inside the Wright building.)