Twelve teachers from around Indiana have been named to the newest cohort of Armstrong Teacher Educator award winners. The Armstrong Teacher Educator Award is given out annually to outstanding Indiana teachers, recognizing their contributions above and beyond the job of teaching. As Armstrong educators, they share their experiences with School of Education undergraduates and work with faculty on research during the school year.
“These individuals represent what is best about Indiana’s teaching force—not only great skill at their craft, but an abiding dedication to making a powerful difference in the lives of young people. We look forward to them sharing their insights and ideas with our aspiring teachers here in the School of Education,” said Robert Kunzman, Professor and Martha Lea and Bill Armstrong Chair for Teacher Education.
The 2019-2020 Armstrong Teacher Educators are:
- Michelle Bade, K-5 music, West View Elementary School, Muncie
- Chris DeHart, social studies, Providence Jr. /Sr. High School, Pendleton
- Antonia Fields, English/Language Arts, Belzer Middle School, Indianapolis
- Karlie Gibson, second grade, Walkerton Elementary School, Walkerton
- Ashley Gilchrist, special education, Nora Elementary School, Indianapolis
- Nancy Goss, second grade, Edgewood Primary School, Bloomington
- Jennifer Heiter, English, Bremen High School, Bremen
- Tamara Markey, pre-engineering, McKenzie Center for Innovation and Technology, Indianapolis
- Vivian McCrocklin-Pethick, eighth grade English/language arts/English language learner, Navarre Middle School, South Bend
- Holly Miller, sixth grade STEM, Riverside Intermediate School, Fishers
- Lisa Regan, reading, Mary Daly Elementary School, Elkhart
- Sarah Shannon, math/Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID), Ben Davis High School, Indianapolis