Where did you complete your undergraduate studies?
Konya, Turkey; Selcuk University, Teaching Math for High School Students
Why did you choose to attend IU Bloomington?
- A program that fits my expectations and future plans
- Studying with leading scholars in my field
- A lovely, peaceful, multicultural, and relatively affordable town for students to live with their family
What should prospective students know about your IU School of Education graduate program?
- There are leading professors in their specific research area
- It provides an opportunity to study education policy from a comprehensive perspective that includes politic-economic, sociologic, and historical perspectives.
- There are supportive scholars. Professors with whom I studied provided great support, such as encouraging me to work in their research projects.
- Besides my department, there are other excellent departments to take inquiry and minor courses both in the School of Education (e.g., Inquiry Methodology) and in other schools (e.g., School of Public and Environmental Affairs)
What has been your favorite academic accomplishment since starting your IU Bloomington program?
Publishing an article in a decent journal and presenting a paper with my advisor in the American Educational Research Association annual meeting.
What is the best thing about life in Bloomington?
Spending time (e.g., camping, playing with my daughter on the beach, and picnicking) as a family in the lakes and parks.