Get ready for a transformative and life-changing experience. As a rising high school senior participating in our pre-college academy, you'll spend one week living and learning at Indiana University Bloomington. You'll participate in informational sessions and activities to develop your ability to make informed and personalized decisions regarding your collegiate and career paths. You'll attend classes and workshops daily, exploring cultural identity and career development in depth with IU faculty and staff. Outside of class you participate in reflection exercises and attend social events.
Balfour Pre-College Academy
If you have any questions, please contact the Balfour Scholars Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 812-856-8233.
To request more information about our programs, please fill out our contact form:
The Balfour Pre-College Academy is for students who are:
- High School Juniors
- African American, Latinx, and/or Native American
- Enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum (Core 40 Diploma or Core 40 with Academic Honors Diploma in Indiana)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher
The Academy is one component of the BSP, and students who attend are encouraged to consider Indiana University in their college choice process. BSP Scholars who choose to enroll at IU will receive a comprehensive continuum of support throughout their college education.
In the summer you will:
- Engage in thought-provoking dialogue
- Develop as a critical thinker
- Create a college map that accounts for your cultural identity and career development
Then throughout your senior year, you'll continue to receive mentoring and access to resources to help make the transition to college a smooth one. The analytical skills learned through this program are transferable in nature and will allow you to leverage resources on any campus.
- Attending sample classroom lectures
- Hearing from current college students
- Attending admission and informational sessions
- Housing and dining in the Indiana University-Bloomington residence halls
- Preparing a personal plan to guide your college decision
- Co-Curricular activities