Hospitality and Promotional Items
- All Hospitality must be in accordance with University Policy, FIN-ACC-50, Hospitality Expenditures.
- Please check the latest University Event and Conference guidance for any event prior to requesting hospitality approval, as it is ever changing: Fall 2021 Event and Conference Guidance
- For Hospitality <$2,500 - If you need approval from the University Events and Review Committee (UERC) then complete the UERC request form first and upon approval, include the approval in your request to the firstname.lastname@example.org for SoE finance office approval. Please include details of request by using the SoE Hospitality Approval Request template.
- For Hospitality >$2,500, first determine if you need UERC approval and if so complete and upon UERC approval you are then required to submit for Campus approval per the Office of Budgetary Administration and Planning (OBAP) IUB Hospitality Policy SOP. You will need to login (at top of new window) and complete the Hospitality Request Form. More information can be found at the CATS Knowledge Base: Hospitality Expenditures.
- All events at which alcohol is to be served must comply with FIN-INS-10, Service of Alcohol. See INLOCC’s list of Pre-approved Alcohol and/or Food Vendors. Please complete the IUB Approval to Serve Alcohol form that can be found at the bottom of Policy.
- After the event, you must Include all approvals; UERC, OBAP, and fohelp along with all itemized receipts on all Financial Transactions; Buy.IU Requisition and/or in Chrome River.
- For all general department operating hospitality expenses, please charge to account 2904386 and your respective sub acct. Hospitality should not be charged to a General Fund 10x account:
COUNSELING AND ED PSYCH
CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
EDUCATION LEADERSHIP AND POLICY
INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
SCHOOL OF ED GENERAL HOSPITALITY
PLACEMENT CAREER CONNECTION
- Remember to transfer funds from your IUF account via IufEtaToIuTransfer document and include all approvals and invoice/receipt once the expense has hit your account (not before).
- For Hospitality supported by other types of Funds; Contract & Grant, Designated such as for Conference event funds, etc., the corresponding account should be directly charged and not the above 29 account.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.