The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion implements our research function by evaluating how School of Education communications, outreach, programming, and support services align with our diversity mission. The results of our research will inform how we
- enhance our online and marketing materials
- reach out to share our message and mission with the greater community
- invite prospective educators and staffers to participate in our on-campus programs
- provide ongoing support for program participants through mentor sessions and diversity networking luncheons.
Moreover, DEI research will result in resources we may provide educators seeking to infuse diversity into lesson plans, equity into the curriculum, and inclusion into educational services and cocurricular programs.
The research and resource functions within the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion allow progress to be evaluated and improved by our current research efforts:
- Developing a Policy & Building Audit
- Examining Cultural Identity Development in a Pre-College Program
- Assessing Results of a College Readiness Program