- Curriculum and Instruction
- Academic Programs:
- Arts Education; Community of Teachers
- Degree/Certificate Programs:
- M.S.Ed. in Art Education; Graduate Visual Arts Teacher Certification; Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Specialization in Art Education; Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Specialization in Art Education
- ED 3214
- (812) 856-8147
I teach in the Arts Education program with a focus on visual art. Courses I have taught include:
- M130: Child Art: Understanding Children's Artistic Worlds
- M200: Artifacts, Museums & Everyday Life
- M330: Designing Visual Learning Experiences
- Z500/Z700: Contemporary Issues in Arts Education
- S400/S500: Field-Based Seminar in Teacher Education
I am also a faculty member and the current Director of the Community of Teachers field-based teacher education program. I'm interested in the ways this democratic, student-driven program supports longterm apprenticeships between a teacher candidate and a mentor teacher.
My interest in oral history led to the development of the Voices in Time: Education Stories Across Generations oral history archive.