- Curriculum and Instruction
- Academic Program(s):
- Arts Education; Community of Teachers
- ED 3214
- (812) 856-8147
I teach courses in the Arts Education program with a focus on visual art. Courses I have taught include:
- M130: Child Art: Understanding Children's Artistic Worlds;
- M200: Artifacts, Museums & Everyday Life; and
- M330: Designing Visual Learning Experiences.
I am also a faculty member and co-director of the Community of Teachers field-based teacher education program. I'm interested in the ways this democratic, student-driven program supports longterm apprenticeships between a teacher candidate and a mentor teacher.
My interest in oral history led to the development of the Voices in Time: Education Stories Across Generations oral history archive.