How to Apply
Direct Admit Scholars
Get a head start on your future teaching career. A limited number of highly qualified incoming freshmen will be invited to apply for direct admission into the School of Education.
As a direct admit, you’ll enjoy:
- Consideration for additional scholarships, including a stipend to student teach through one of our Global Gateway for Teachers programs
- Invitations to special events where you’ll meet fellow Direct Admits
- Mentoring programs
You’ll also receive academic advising through the School of Education from your very first semester. If you're already certain you want to teach, our advisors can help make sure you get as much out of your program as possible, from fitting in international study to taking advantage of opportunities to earn licensing additions before you graduate.
Direct Admit Qualifications
The ideal direct admit candidate is someone who already knows that teaching is their professional calling and is eager to begin their studies in education. Special consideration will be given to:
- Students with demonstrated academic ability
- Students from under-represented populations
- Students who plan to specialize in high-demand fields, including mathematics, science, and special education
How to Apply
To be considered for direct admission into the School of Education, simply apply for admission to Indiana University and indicate that you are planning to major in education.
If you are accepted by Indiana University, you will typically be invited to apply to the Direct Admit Scholars program if you meet these qualifications:
- A minimum SAT score of 1100 or a minimum ACT score of 24
- A minimum GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale
- Students invited to apply to the Hudson & Holland Scholars program will also be invited to apply to the Direct Admit Scholars program
If you are determined to be eligible, you will be invited to complete the Selective Scholarship Application and apply to the Direct Admit Scholars Program. If you do not meet the above criteria, but you are interested in applying to the Direct Admit Scholars program, contact Melissa Fulford at firstname.lastname@example.org.