How to Apply
Students may document basic skills competency for admission to the Teacher Education Program (TEP) by using any of the following assessments:
CASA: Reading 220 (test code 001); Math 220 (test code 002); Writing 220 (test code 003)
ACT: Composite score of at least 24 based on Math, Reading, Grammar, and Science (Sum of MA + RE + EN + SR scores divided by 4 = 24)
SAT: Combined score of at least 1100 based on Critical Reading and Math (Sum of VE + MA scores = 1100) Test taken prior to March 1, 2016
SAT: Combined score of at least 1170 based on Critical Reading and Math (Sum of VE + MA scores = 1170) Test taken on or after March 1, 2016
GRE: A score of at least 1100 based on Verbal and Quantitative prior to 8/1/11 OR a score of at least 301 based on Verbal and Quantitative on or after 8/1/11.
Hold a Master’s degree or higher from an accredited institution.
*On GRE tests administered after August 1, 2011.
- Information regarding CASA test fees, test dates, test sites, passing scores, registration and test preparation resources:
- For CASA Study Guides, Test-taking Strategies and other test preparation resources, visit the following Website:
- Information regarding a CASA test fee reimbursement:
- Information regarding free tutoring for the CASA test:
- Frequently Asked Questions
Students with Advanced Degrees
If you have a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, you do not have to submit admission testing scores.