Computer Educator License Addition
Become a tech-savvy teacher. Teachers with high levels of technology skills and experience using new tools to help students learn are in demand. The Computer Educator License (CEL) can be added to an Elementary or Secondary License. This program is only available to teacher candidates who are in the process of completing an initial license in a recognized Teacher Education Program.
As a teacher with a Computer Educator License, you will be qualified to:
- Serve as a technology resource person, coordinator or facilitator in local schools and school corporations
- Manage a school's technology resources, computer labs and equipment
- Teach computing courses (computer applications, web design, computer programming) in Indiana secondary schools
- Enhance your marketability in the job market by demonstrating additional knowledge and experience related to technology integration in your classroom
Courses are heavily focused on helping students learn by using technology in class settings and fieldwork in area K-12 schools. You will create a CEL ePortfolio to demonstrate what you have learned to faculty and future employers. A grade of "C" or higher in each education course and a minimum 2.5 GPA in the license addition are required. It may not be possible to complete this license addition as part of the four-year undergraduate degree program. A graduate option is available.
- Program sheet effective for students starting at IUB between summer 2016 and after
- Program sheet effective for students starting at IUB in the summer of 2015 and spring 2016
- Program sheet effective for students starting at IUB between summer 2014 and spring 2015
- Program sheet effective for students starting at IUB between summer 2013 and spring 2014
For more information, visit the Computer Educator License (CEL) website.