Degrees & Programs
Instructional Systems Technology
Ph.D. Minor in Instructional Systems Technology
The Minor in Instructional Systems Technology allows doctoral students in other fields to gain an understanding of the instructional design process, implementation and assessment of technology in instruction, or assessment of human development and improvement in complement to their doctoral major.
The following policies apply to the 12 credits required for the doctoral minor:
- Doctoral minors in IST are required to file a Minor Program of Studies form with the department.
- All doctoral minors are required to take R711: Doctoral Readings in IST.
- The remaining 9 credits in the minor are planned with and approved by your minor advisor in IST.
- Doctoral minors may take the R695 Doctoral Seminar; this requires the permission of your advisor and active participation in a departmental research group.
- Doctoral minors are required to maintain a 3.2 GPA in the credits taken in the department.
Qualifying Exam for IST Minors
There is no qualifying exam required for the doctoral minor in Instructional Systems Technology.
Prior IST Minors
If you started the doctoral minor program prior to fall 2008, please consult with your advisor to confirm that previous requirements for the minor have been or will be met. Current requirements will not apply to you unless you elect to conform to ALL the current requirements in lieu of the previous requirements.