- Guarino, C., Reckase, M., Wooldridge, J. (Published early view November 2014) Can Value-Added Measures of Teacher Performance be Trusted"Education Finance and Policy
- Dieterle, S., Guarino, C., Reckase, M., and Wooldridge, J. (Published online July 2014) How do Principals Assign Students to Teachers" Finding Evidence in Administrative Data and the Implications for Value-Added, Journal of Policy Analysis and Management
- Guarino, C. (2014) Teacher Effectiveness, Encyclopedia of Economics, Education, and Finance (eds. Dominic Brewer and Lawrence Picus)
- Guarino, C., Dieterle, S., Bargagliotti, A., Mason, W. (2013). What can we learn about effective early mathematics teaching" A framework for estimating causal effects using longitudinal survey data. Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness. 6(2), 164-198.
- Zimmer, R. Guarino, C. (2013) Is There Evidence that Charter Schools Push Out Low-Performing Students" Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, 35(4), 461-480.
- Guarino, C. (2013) White Paper: Findings and Preliminary Recommendations from the Michigan State and Indiana University Research Study of Value-Added Models to Evaluate Teacher Performance. East Lansing: Education Policy Center at Michigan State University, http://education.msu.edu/epc/publications/documents/white-paper-teacher-value-added-project-synthesis-12-20-2013_000.pdf
- Guarino, C. (2013) Policy Brief: Highlights of the conference on Using Student Test Scores to Measure Teacher Performance: The State of the Art in Research and Practice. Education Policy Center, Michigan State University http://education.msu.edu/epc/documents/HighlightsofaConferenceonVAM.pdf
- Guarino, C. Tanner, J. (2012) Adequacy, Accountability, Autonomy, and Equity in a Middle Eastern School Reform: The Case of Qatar, International Review of Education, 58(2), pp. 221-245.
- Guarino, C., Brown, A., Wyse, A. (2011) Can Districts Keep Good Teachers in the Schools that Need them Most" Economics of Education Review, 30(5), 962-975.
- Guarino, C., Maxfield, M., Reckase, M., Thompson, P., and Wooldridge, J. (Accepted) An Evaluation of Empirical Bayes Estimation of Value-Added Teacher Performance Measures, Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics
- Guarino, C., Reckase, M., Stacy, B. and Wooldridge, J. (Accepted) A Comparison of Growth Percentile and Value-Added Models of Teacher Performance, Statistics and Public Policy
- Guarino, C., Reckase, and Wooldridge, J. (Accepted) Introduction to the special issue: Policy and research challenges of moving toward best practices in using student test scores to evaluate teacher performance, Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness.
- Guarino, C., Reckase, M., Stacy, B., and Wooldridge, J. (Accepted) Evaluating Specification Tests in the Context of Value-Added Models of Teacher Performance, Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness
- Stacy, B., Guarino, C., Reckase, M., and Wooldridge, J. (Under review) Does the Precision and Stability of Value-Added Estimates of Teacher Performance Depend on the Types of Students They Serve" Working paper #35, Michigan State University Education Policy Center,http://education.msu.edu/epc/publications/documents/WP35DoesthePrecisionandStabilityofValue-AddedEstimates.pdf