Ph.D. Educational Policy Studies, May 2001, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
M.A. History, August 1996, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL
B.A. History, August 1995, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL
- Danns, D., Purdy, M. A., Span, C. M., (2015).Using Past as Prologue: ContemporaryPerspectives on African American Educational History. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Danns, D. (2015). Separate and Superior: Perspectives on African American Secondary Education. Journal of African American History 100:4, pp. 671-679.
- Danns, D. and M. A. Purdy (2015). Introduction: Historical Perspectives on African American Education, Civil Rights, and Black Power. Journal of African American History 100:4, pp. 573-585.
- Danns, D. (2014) Desegregating Chicagos Public Schools: Policy Implementation, Politics and Protest, 1965-1985. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Danns, D. (2011). Northern Desegregation: A Tale of Two Cities. History of Education Quarterly, vol. 51:1, pp.77-104.
- Danns, D. (2010). Chicago School Desegregation and the Role of the State of Illinois, 1971-1979. American Educational History Journal, vol. 37:1, pp. 55-73.
- Danns, D. (2009). Thriving in the Midst of Adversity: Educator Maudelle Brown Bousfields Struggles in Chicago, 1920-1950, Journal of Negro Education, vol. 78, pp. 3-16.
- Danns, D and Span, C. (2008). A History of Schooling. 21st Century Education: A Referende Handbook. Ed. Thomas L. Good. Los Angeles: Sage Publications.
- Danns, D. (2008). Racial Ideology and the Sanctity of the Neighborhood School Policy in Chicago, Urban Review.