- Peppler, K., Maltese, A. V., Keune, A., Chang, S., Regalla, L. (2015). Survey of Makerspaces, Part II. Maker Education Initiative. Available online: http://makered.org/open-portfolios-survey-of-makerspaces-part-ii/
- Maltese, A. V., Melki, C. S., Wiebke, H. (2014). The nature of experiences responsible for the generation and maintenance of interest in STEM. Science Education, 98(6), 937962.
- Maltese, A. V., Ross, H. A., Wang, L. Wang, Y. (2014). Assessing Multinational Interest in STEM: Implementing a comparative survey research study in China. International Journal of Chinese Education, 3(2014) 109-131. DOI 10.1163/22125868-12340032
- Maltese, A. V., Balliet, R., Riggs, E. M. (2013). Through their eyes: Tracking the gaze ofstudents in a geology field course. Journal of Geoscience Education, 61(1) 81-88.
- Timme, N., Baird, M., Bennett, J., Fry, J., Garrison, L., Maltese, A. V. (2013, May). A Summer Math and Physics Program for High School Students. The Physics Teacher, 51(5) 280-285.
- Maltese, A. V., Lung, F., Potvin, G., Hochbein, C. (2013). STEM Education in the United States. Australian Council of Learned Academies for Securing Australias Future. 82 pp. Available from: http://www.acolasecretariat.org.au/ACOLA/PDF/SAF02Consultants/Consultant Report - US.pdf
- Maltese, A. V. Hochbein, C. (2012). The consequences of school improvement: Examination of the association between school improvement and student science achievement. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 49(6), 804-830.
- Harsh, J., Maltese, A. V., Tai, R. H. (2012). A perspective of gender differences in chemistry and physics undergraduate research experiences. Journal of Chemical Education, 89(11), 1364-1370.
- Bennett, J., Fry, J. Timme, N., Maltese, A. V. (2012). Lessons learned from a summer preparatory program on foundations in physics and calculus. Submitted to Journal of College Science Teaching, 41(4) 52-56.
- Maltese, A. V., Tai, R. H. Fan, X. (2012). When is homework worth the time" Revisiting the association between homework and achievement in high school science and math. The High School Journal 96 (1), 52-72..
- Harsh, J. A., Maltese, A. V., Tai, R. H. (2011). Undergraduate research experiences from a longitudinal perspective. Journal of College Science Teaching, 41(1) 84-91.
- Maltese, A. V. Tai, R. H. (2011). Pipeline persistence: The effects of school experiences on earning degrees in STEM. Science Education, 95(5) 877-907.
- Maltese, A. V., Tai, R. H., Sadler, P. M. (2010). The effect of high school physics laboratories on performance in introductory college physics. The Physics Teacher, 48(5), 333-337.
- Maltese, A. V. Tai, R. H. (2010). Eyeballs in the fridge: Sources of early interest in science. International Journal of Science Education, 32(5) 669-685.
- Maltese, A. V. (2009, April/May). Shake, rattle and hopefully not fall. Science Children, 46(8), 40-43.
- Tai, R. T., Sadler, P. M., Maltese, A. V. (2007). A study of the association of autonomy and achievement on performance. Science Educator, 16(1), 22-28.
- Maltese, A. V., Dexter, K. M., Tai, R. H., Sadler, P. M. (2007). Breaking from tradition: Unfulfilled promises of block scheduling in science. Science Educator, 16(1), 1-7.
- Tai, R. T., Liu, C. Q., Maltese, A. V., Fan, X. T. (2006, May 26). Planning early for careers in science. Science, 312 (5777), 1143-1144.