Indiana University Community
The Indiana University community is made of up more than 42,000 students from all 50 states and over 130 countries. Every day, you’ll have a chance to meet new people and have new experiences learning about different cultures and points of view. It’s the best possible environment for preparing for your work as an educator who engages with all kinds of people.
Opportunities abound for you to explore your interests and become a student leader. Explore your endless extracurricular options.
- First Year Experiences—Get the most of your first year as an IU student with FYE. This on-campus resource will help you connect with student organizations, community activities, and can’t-be-missed college traditions like Welcome Week and the Little 500.
- IU Athletics—Experience the thrill of Big Ten athletic teams as spectator or athlete.
- Student Recreational Sports Facility (SRSC)—Make a commitment to your personal health and fitness—it’s easy with IU’s state-of-art recreational sports facilities.
- Student Life and Learning—Find people who share your interests and discover your leadership potential.
- Career Development Center—Find a job on campus or in the local community.
One of the things students love most about the IU Bloomington community is getting a chance to be exposed to new ideas and new cultures. All the cultural centers on campus are open to everyone and offer social and cultural experiences that are inspiring and eye-opening.
- Asian Culture Center
- First Nations Educational and Cultural Center
- Latino Cultural Center (La Casa)
- Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center
- International Programs and Events
There are people who are here support you and help you succeed. We value diversity but understand that the strongest support sometimes comes from people who share your experiences and background.
- Diversity, Equity, and Multicultural Affairs
- Groups Program
- Hudson and Holland Scholars Program
- 21st Century Scholars Program
- Getting You Into IU—A campus visit program open to underrepresented minority students who are interested in applying to a Ph.D. program
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Student Support Services
- Veterans Support Services
- Disability Services for Students
- IU Alumni Association